The mission of the Newton Area Chamber of Commerce is to lead, support and influence economic vitality.
Our Vision Statement
The vision of the Newton Area Chamber of Commerce is economic vitality through a relevant and proactive business community.
About Our Membership
"Our home community is rich in resources. The Newton Area Chamber of Commerce is leading the way to empower our current businesses and attract new businesses through networking events that highlight our well trained workforce, our innovative people, and a thriving community that is rich, in education, art, and philanthropy. We are defining what it is to lead, support, and influence economic vitality."
Leroy Koehn, Board President 2012/2013
What is the Chamber of Commerce?
- A non-profit member organization comprised of nearly 400 businesses, organizations, professionals and individuals.
- A voice and advocate for businesses and the citizens of the Newton area.
- A convener/facilitator for leadership and professional development.
How Is the Chamber of Commerce Financed?
The Chamber is funded by voluntary member investments based on a fee schedule. Investments are tax-deductible and recognized by the IRS as a legitimate business expense, not as a charitable contribution. Additional non-dues income is generated through periodic activities conducted in recognition of our members and through contracted marketing services to promote business.
Ways the Chamber is working for you
- Networking: Networking with other businesses at the monthly Breakfast with the Chamber or at the Chamber After Hours, BizConnections, and Ribbon Cutting events helps you, by giving you access to people who are in a position to help your business. Among those are bankers, attorneys, small and large business owners, and city, county and state officials, and more.
- Information Resource: The Chamber office can be a resource for your business. You can use the Chamber to gain information about upcoming events and /or programs that will affect your business with access to demographic data about Newton and Harvey County.
- Outreach: The Chamber prints and distributes attractive community information materials that promote our town. Whether you are a service, retail or manufacturing business, you always need people for customers and employees. A community that is growing is more attractive than a community that is stagnant.
- Referrals: The Chamber refers people to our business members every day. These potential customers of your are looking for particular types of businesses and services and often ask to be connected to Chamber members.
- Political Watch: The Chamber is regularly in contact with city, county and state commissioners and representatives. Through legislative forums, you get the opportunity to express your concerns/feelings about matters that are of importance to you and the community.
- Community Activities: The Chamber CEO maintains contact with various local agencies and organizations to offer the Chamber's support in areas that affect the community.
- Advertising: Low cost advertising and sponsorship opportunities are offered by the Chamber throughout the year in many formats.
- Leadership Development: The Chamber facilitates a comprehensive adult and youth leadership training program to help ensure a reservoir of strong leaders for our community's future.
- Internet Exposure: Chamber members are listed on the Chamber's web site. Company name, contacts, address, email, phone, etc. are included. A link to your website is provided if available.
- Communication: As a member, you receive a monthly newsletter, emails and other forms of written communication about meetings, events and issues that may be of importance to you.
- Customer Service Support: The Chamber is the leading advocate and trainer for quality customer service through seminars and recognition programs.